If you've never seen David Lebovitz's blog, it's worth a look. He's offered up some great descriptions and images of various shops/delicacies all over his blog. Occasionally, the topic of finding practical things, such as public restrooms for Paris visitors, comes up and raises a bit of panic in the "always be prepared" boy scout part of me. Another website http://www.parispatisseries.com/ has post after post about several must-see shops we plan to visit.
Wendy has compiled a list from several sources which has a number of shops we hope to visit while there. Many of these also have shops in Belgium, so if we don't get to some in Paris, we'll wait and visit their Belgium locations. Check these out and you'll notice that most do not skimp on web design. Lots of European shops and restaurants boast flash-heavy sites with audio and high end graphics of their offerings. Many look like jewelry stores. We experienced a bit of this aesthetic when we visited San Francisco a while back.
- Patrick Roger: http://www.patrickroger.com/en/index.php
- Michel Cluizel: http://www.cluizel.com/
- Michel Chaudun: http://www.michel-chaudun.jp/
- Christian Constant: http://www.christianconstant.com/
- Jean-Paul Hévin: http://www.jphevin.com/
- La Maison du Chocolat: http://www.lamaisonduchocolat.com/en/#/home
- Pierre Hermé: http://www.pierreherme.com/index.cgi?&cwsid=0663ph0A000108ph8718225
- Pierre Marcolini: http://www.marcolini.be/
- Richart: http://www.richart.com/
- Lenotre: http://www.lenotre.fr/
- Ladurée: http://www.laduree.fr/
- Hugo & Victor: http://www.hugovictor.com/
- La Patisserie des Reves: http://www.parispatisseries.com/2010/12/03/inside-la-patisserie-des-reves/
- Sadaharu Aoki: http://www.sadaharuaoki.com/profil/en.html
- Pain de Sucre: http://www.patisseriepaindesucre.com/
- Carl Marletti: http://www.carlmarletti.com/
In other news, we finally saw a drawn copy of a floor plan for our new location. So exciting! Check back periodically for updates on our travel plans. We'll be posing developments up to and during our trip.